Read through this article when and why is detoxing important for the overall health of your body.
First of all, What is Detoxification?
Let’s first understand what is detoxification? The word describes itself- Its all about cleansing and removing toxins from your blood. This is done by eliminating impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for removal. Not only from liver but also from other organs like kidneys, lungs, skin and lymphatic system. Our liver has the ability to remove toxins but others don’t have. We need to eliminate toxins from our body and feed it with healthy supplements to rejuvenate us from inside out.
Being high on toxics isn’t a new thing for humans. The fast and furious life we are living is taking a toll on us. The food we eat, the stress we are taking on a regular basis, the pollutants in the environment so it has become more important than ever to detox.
Do I need to Detox?
Are you feeling fatigued even when you have done nothing all day? Having bad breath and body odor. Brain fog that is affecting your personal and work life. You can’t concentrate on a particular subject. What’s more? Having allergies or irritated skin problems. If you can relate to any (or all of these) then you probably need to detox your body!
It’s better to detox your body at least once a year. If you have chronic degenerative diseases, cancer or tuberculosis, or if you are a nursing mother then you should first consult your doctor before going for detox.
Why Is Detoxing Important
If you were living in the 60s or 70s then you even might not have heard the term. But in this era its crucial than ever. WHY?
- Pollution: The major culprit is this. Our air is polluted, soil and even the water we drink is somewhat polluted.
- Personal care products: Our beloved and so-called “skincare” products have toxic chemicals ranging from formaldehyde to parabens. These chemicals get absorbed directly into our largest organ- the skin. From there it may go anywhere in the body!
- Pesticides: Regular exposure to pesticides can have a harmful effect on our body. Although some of them are banned but not all of them!
- Stress: High levels of chronic stress can damage your brain. Stress increases cortisol levels causing inflammation and a host of disease conditions.
- Alcohol and Drugs: Alcohol is one of the major reasons why your liver has to work so hard to detoxify the body and sometimes it’s just not enough. Regular drug and alcohol use is taking a toll on our body and mind.