Instead of relying upon the expensive clinical treatments try apple cider vinegar for varicose veins at home. Not just cost-effective but a great remedy altogether.
What are varicose veins?
These superficial veins that are twisted, swollen and enlarged, appear blue and purple in color and usually found in legs. It’s a quite common condition, which many people face. When blood pressure increases within your veins or when the faulty valves allow the blood to flow in the opposite direction, it triggers such a condition. This results in weakening or damaging of vein walls and occurs due to obesity, tumor, constipation, or pregnancy. It occurs in legs because standing and walking increase the pressure in the veins of your lower body.
This is one of the harmless symptoms of pregnancy. It usually occurs to pregnant ladies when the uterus applies pressure to the large vein which is responsible for carrying blood back to the heart.
Moreover, age is also one such factor that develops the risk of varicose veins. It is so because as you grow old, nearly 50 years of age, there is wear and tear of valves in your veins which is responsible for the flow of blood. If your mother or father or anyone from the family is having varicose veins, you’re likely to suffer from it too.
How to identify the varicose veins on your legs?
- You will see blue and dark purple veins, gathering together on specific side. It is highly visible.
- You may experience pain in your lower legs. Although, the majority of people don’t feel the pain, but they do complain of heaviness and discomfort in the area.
- In some cases, there is discoloration and swelling which can result in bleeding from the veins and develop ulcers.
In order to diagnose them, you need to visit the doctor who would recommend an ultrasound or venogram to check the flow of blood or blood clots (if any).
Apple Cider Vinegar For Varicose Veins
Apple cider vinegar is the best home remedy and said to have properties that could heal several health problems, conditions and concerns. It helps in fine blood flow and circulation which in turn reduces the varicose veins or spider veins. Natural remedies are always since they usually don’t have a side effect on your health and quite affordable than the rest. It is obvious that if you visit a private doctor to treat these veins, you’ll end up spending lots of money on yourself. So, it’s always the right choice to go for natural things.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Varicose Veins
- Take a bowl and add some apple cider vinegar in it.
- Then soak a small cotton cloth in it and place it on your lower leg where the varicose veins are visible to you. Secure it with a bandage for 25-30 minutes approximately.
- Remember, to keep your legs in the right position that doesn’t affect your blood flow. To avoid any posture complications, just lay down in your bed with your legs flat straight.
- Remove the bandage gradually after nearly half an hour and wash it with water at room temperature.
Other Possible Remedies
1. Control Obesity
Other than this, you can even control it by managing your weight. Over-weight is a major issue because all of the body’s weight is put on legs affecting your veins and blood flow. As long as the blood circulation is going good, you’ll never suffer from varicose veins.
2. Daily Postures
Look after your usual sitting and standing position. It matters a lot because it affects circulation.
3. Uncomfortable Footwear or Hosiery
Women who are having varicose veins should avoid wearing high heels and tight hosiery.
NOTE: Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic in nature, therefore, watch yourself before using it if your skin is terribly sensitive. Apply few drops on your skin and notice the area for nearly a day, if there is any side effect, don’t use it.