You can use banana for hair to make your hairs stronger, shinier, and healthier than ever before! Skip on those chemical ingredients and try one of these hair mask recipes with banana.
When it comes to appearances, many of us depend on our hairs and treat them as a way to express ourselves. However, with advancements in hair product industries; we’re often exposed to excess chemicals and toxicants. These play a vital role in damaging our hair follicles and therefore increasing hair problems day by day. It’s quite evident that we can’t avoid them at all, but at least there are natural ways we can try to cut down the damage they cause. There are many natural alternatives we can try; for instance, Banana!
The growth and health of your hair is directly dependant upon what you eat. If you eat a lot of junk, then your hair is most likely to fall and become frizzy. Dietary elements are crucial to develop your hair the right way and give it shine and texture. Bananas soften your hair due to its richness in potassium, carbohydrates, and vitamins. They also repair the damage done by excess sun exposure and make your hair shiny and dandruff free. We’ll share some of the hair mask recipes that you can make with a banana to get most benefits out of it.
1. Banana, Coconut Oil, and Coconut Milk
To process this hair mask; you’ll need:
- 10-15 drops of coconut oil
- One tablespoon coconut milk
- One ripe banana
- Mash the banana with a spoon; add the coconut oil and milk and mix all the ingredients. If you live in areas with relatively low temperature, you can microwave the frozen coconut oil for 50 seconds or so. To apply the mask, gently massage the mixture to your scalp and ends. Wrap your hairs in a microfiber cloth and let it sit for half an hour at least. Then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
2. Banana and Yogurt
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- One teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Mash the banana and mix other ingredients into the bowl with a spoon or a blender. Use a comb and your fingers to apply the paste on your hairs, start from the scalp and lower down to the ends. Sit down with the paste on for 30 minutes and then wash as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
3. Banana, Egg, Vitamin E and Coconut Milk
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 4 Tablespoon Coconut Milk
- An Egg
- Vitamin E Capsule
- Jojoba Oil
- In a mixing jar, add a ripe banana, four tablespoons of coconut milk, an egg, two capsules of vitamin E, and eight drops of jojoba oil. Give it a quick mix until it turns into a creamy paste. First, apply it to all your ends and then to the scalp, leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour. To wash your face, first, wash your hairs with water and then follow your usual shampooing routine followed by conditioner.
4. Banana and Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- Depending on your hair length, mash one to two bananas and add two-four tablespoons of honey to it. Massage the paste to your hair and wait for 30 minutes before washing it with shampoo and conditioner.
5. Avocado, Egg, and Banana
- Half Avocado
- Half Banana
- An Egg
- Two Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar until there are no chunks and apply to dry hair. Let it dry for 30-40 minutes and wash it off with water, shampoo, and conditioner.
Banana for hair can leave some fantastic results, and as all these masks contain natural ingredients, and therefore, the effects might show up late. Good things take time, use these mask for at least one to two months to start seeing the result. Have a healthy and strong hair!