Go chemical-free and get a natural blush look with these DIY blush recipes that can be made at the comfort of your home with natural ingredients.Off-the-shelf cosmetics can expose your skin to a lot of toxins and chemicals. The parabens and chemicals in cosmetics have hormone-altering effects as well. So, a significant part of your skincare should also concentrate on cosmetics that suit your skin and are toxin-free. Know how to make cosmetic DIY blush at home with readily available products and natural ingredients.
Hibiscus Powder DIY Blush Recipe
- One teaspoon arrowroot powder
- A teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- One teaspoon hibiscus powder
- In an airtight container, mix and store your homemade blush recipe.
- The quantity of the ingredients, especially the hibiscus powder and the cocoa powder can be adjusted to find a shade that works for you. If you want a darker tint, add more cocoa powder, but add more hibiscus powder for a lighter tone.
Scented Beet Powder BlushThis blush recipe lends you a natural tinted look as well as a little shine from the ground ginger powder. In addition to this, the lavender essential oil leaves a beautiful scent to please your senses and improves the stick of the blush powder as well.
- Two tablespoons of beetroot powder (finely ground)
- One tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- Half teaspoon of ground ginger
- Four drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix the beet powder with arrowroot and ground ginger.
- Finally, add lavender essential oil to the powder and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and apply with a blush brush when required.
Golden Powder BlushThis blush recipe is ideal for people looking for a brown blush look with a golden highlight. The cacao powder lends the blush a brown tint; moreover, the turmeric spice gives the blush recipe a golden hue tint.
- One tablespoon of organic corn starch
- One tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
- Make sure there are no lumps in any of the powder bases you have.
- Now, mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight container for later use.
- You can also increase the quantity of the ingredients to match the tint you like for your blush.
Homemade Crème BlushIf you are not a fan of powder blushes, you can make this crème base blush recipe as well. Follow the instructions below for the perfect crème blush recipe.
- One teaspoon shea butter
- Half teaspoon emulsifying wax
- One tablespoon aloe vera gel
- One teaspoon cacao powder
- One teaspoon rose mica powder
- With a double boiler method, melt the shea butter and emulsifying wax in a bowl.
- Now add the aloe vera gel to the mix till the mixture turns into a smooth paste. After the mixture is ready, remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Finally, start adding the colors to your blush recipe.
- The shade of your blush recipe can be adjusted to your preference. For example, adding more of the rose mica powder will help you get a blush with a more robust red or pink pigment. On the contrary, adding more cacao powder will help you get a more definite tint of brown in your blush recipe.
- Spoon the mixture in an airtight container and use clean fingertips or a blush brush to apply when required.