Does castor oil help to sleep? Find out whether or not is castor oil your answer to insomnia in this detailed article!
We all know about the long list of benefits of castor oil for the skin, hair, nails, and health. In addition to this, the oil is also a natural remedy for insomnia. Not only does castor oil help in inducing deep sleep in a normal routine, but it can also help you reset from jetlag instantly. So, let’s learn how does castor oil help to sleep through restless nights and tired looks.
Does Castor Oil Help to Sleep
Sleep deprivation is a serious concern. Apart from posing some severe damage to your looks, consecutive sleepless nights can lead to health concerns. In short, eight hours of sleep is necessary for a beautiful face and a healthy body.
Castor oil can be used in two ways for a sound sleep. The first method to use this miraculous oil is to apply it to your eyelids. The second method of using castor oil for a night of sound sleep is by massaging it on your feet.
Castor Oil Massage for Sleep
Padabhayanga, an art of Ayurveda, explains how massaging your feet can help stimulate sleep. There are several pressure points on your feet that help energize and stimulate certain parts of the body. The energy channels between the point and the organs are called ‘Nadis‘. According to the study, by energizing and clearing the Nadi’s blockages, you can heal the connected body parts. So, massaging the point that is connected to your brain and eyes, can help them relax and help you sleep better. The heaviness of castor oil helps absorb the oil easily for better stimulation and relation. In addition to that, the aroma of castor oil calms your senses. This leads to relaxation and a better sleep pattern. In fact, castor oil massages can lead to longer sleeping hours. So, be prepared to sleep a little longer when you use this natural sleep remedy.
Other Benefits of Foot Massage
- Foot massages with oil can help reduce stress and anxiety, which enables you to sleep better.
- A massage with castor oil helps release muscle tension, but it also leads to better blood circulation and digestion.
- It also alleviates foot pain and leads to softer feet.
Foot Massage Regime with Castor Oil for Better Sleep
- Castor Oil (warm)
- A pair of cotton socks (breathable)
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm water for fifteen minutes.
- After that, pat dry your feet and start rubbing a small amount of warm castor oil on your feet.
- Start massaging your feet from your ankles in a circulation motion with enough pressure to work on the points. Then, work up the joints and areas that hurt in a circular motion.
- After that, press and massage in linear motion for five minutes. Make sure you massage your ankles, sole, heel, and the top of your feet.
- Next, pinch each of your toes and stretch them by pulling gently.
- Finally, put on your socks and be ready for a night of blissful sleep.
Make this castor oil massage a part of your self-care regime. It will help you sleep better and will help you get soft and nourished feet.