Substitute your chemical-based hair serum with the following homemade hair serum for shine, hair growth, less breakage, and more moisture! Read on to find the recipes.
With an increase in the number of hair problems these days, the number of hair-care products has also increased drastically. One among which is hair serum! Basically, hair serum is a silicone-based product that covers your hair and makes it more manageable throughout the day. It reduces tangles in your hair and makes it soft while eliminating frizz. A good hair serum acts as a protective barrier to keep all those dust and grime away from your hair. With many hair serums available in the market, it’s essential to find the right one to suit your needs. Well, we won’t be going into more product details as we promote natural remedies and so we’ll be sharing some ways through which you can DIY homemade hair serum for shine.
How To Use A Serum
There are many ways one can use a serum and when it’s homemade, you can use it whichever way without any worry. Some people apply the serum on wet hair right after shampooing their hair to maintain the moisture after the hair dries. While others chose to apply in after they are done styling the hair to lock the styled hair for longer. You can even apply serum overnight before your shampoo day just like you do in the case of applying oil to your scalp.
Note: Serum should not be applied on the scalp. Take 5-6 drops of the serum in your hands and apply it on the hair till the tips while avoiding the scalp.
Homemade Hair Serum For Shine
What You Need
- Basil Oil
- Cedarwood OiL
- Rosemary Oil
- Castor Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Safflower Oil – 3 Tablespoons
In a small-sized bottle, add three tablespoons of castor oil and safflower oil and add in 10 drops each of basil, cedarwood, and rosemary essential oil for fragrance. You can experiment with the choice of essential oil as per your liking. Shake the bottle well before use and apply this serum every day before going to bed.
1. It treats dry and itchy scalp and when combined with amla powder, it can help you get rid of grey hair. It also increases the blood circulation in your scalp which in turn promotes hair growth.
2. Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties, it may treat different problems that end up in dandruff and hair loss. It balances the oil-producing glands in your hair, which leads to hair growth.
3. If you seek to improve hair volume and thickness, you can blindly trust rosemary oil as it has great cellular regeneration abilities. You can combine it with other beneficial essential oils like tea tree oil and lavender oil for added benefits.
4. As per Very Well Health, castor oil when applied to the scalps can strengthen the hair follicles and therefore promotes hair growth by up to five times the usual rate.
5. Safflower oil by enhancing the blood circulation in the scalp promotes hair growth and provides a soft and shiny texture to your hair. It even enhances the volume of the hair.
What You Need
- Almond Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Grapeseed Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Argan Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Avocado Oil – 4 Tablespoons
- Jojoba Oil – 3 tablespoons
Take a bowl and add the oils as per the measurements and stir well until the oils are nicely blended together. Store the serum in a bottle and apply it in wet hair after shampooing.
1. Almond oil softens, strengthens, and repairs hair damage from chemical or heat treatments. It treats oily scalp problems and doesn’t make the scalp dry at the same time. It’s a natural oil filled with the beneficial nutrients needed to keep your hair healthy.
2. Grapeseed Oil is the right choice if you are looking for an oil with moisturizing properties to treat dry hair issues. Consequently, it’s a light oil that makes it great to use when you wish to avoid unnecessary grease from the hair.
3. Argan oil is such a great choice that many hair-care products necessarily contain this magical oil for its ability to solve hair loss problems.
4. Applying avocado oil regularly to your hair can solve the problem of hair tangling and thereby preventing breakage.
5. Jojoba oil has the right amount of vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your hair growth. Apart from promoting growth, it can reduce dandruff and give you more thick hair than before.
What You Need
- Lavender Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vitamin E Capsule
Mix 8 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, 5 drops of lavender oil, and at least two vitamin E capsules in a bottle and shake it well for a minute to ensure that the oils are properly blended together. Use it as a serum to style your hair, it can give you natural bounce and shine in no time.
1. Not just for the aroma, lavender oil is infamous for its benefits that it has to offer to an unhealthy hair. Since it is antimicrobial, it can keep your hair free from dandruff and infections that any bacteria can trigger.
2. Grapeseed oil benefits people with especially dry and brittle hair by providing enough moisture to them and keeping them conditioner throughout. Since it provides moisture, it also solves the issue of dry hair.
3. Vitamin E supports a healthy scalp and through its antioxidant properties, it manages to maintain the steady growth of your hair. Know more about Vitamin E benefits for hair here.
We hope that this homemade hair serum for shine recipes helped you in protecting your hair from the chemical serums available in the market. These hair serums perform multiple functions as they contain various natural ingredients that are capable of solving the maximum of the hair problems!