This homemade moisturizing face cream recipe is suitable for all skin types and includes non-toxic ingredients to benefit your skin naturally.
With the winter season at the door, we have to level up our skincare routine game. Every season has its own challenges but winter, in particular, starts to take a toll on our skin, especially our face skin. Our facial and neck skin is more delicate in contrast to other areas of our body and thus require more attention, especially at this time of the year.
In winters, our face starts to lose the glow and can become dry and rough. We bring you this easy DIY Moisturizing face cream recipe which you can easily make at home using all-natural ingredients. This cream will keep your skin hydrated and moisturized even in this harsh weather condition. It will keep off the dull patches from your skin and above all, it will give your skin the much-needed glow and natural shine.
Homemade Moisturizing Face Cream Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- Green tea bag
- Hot water
- 4 tablespoon Aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoon Glycerin
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 teaspoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- For Dry Skin add Vitamin E tablets (Optional)
- Essential Oil (Optional)
How to make:
1. Extract the tea powder from the green tea bag and add it to a cup. Add 3 teaspoon hot water to the cup so that all the goodness of green tea (antioxidants) gets dissolved into the water. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes till green tea powder gets dissolve. Mash the powder slightly with the spoon for better break down of leaves.
2. Take 4 teaspoons of aloe vera gel (natural) into a bowl and add 2 teaspoons green tea extract to the aloe vera gel.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of glycerin to the solution.
4. Now add 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil and add 2 teaspoons of virgin coconut oil to the mixture.
5. Furthermore, if you have dry or flaky skin you can add 2 Vitamin E tablets.
6. For fragrance and the goodness of essential oil, you can add 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil. This step is optional but is recommended since essential oils are great for our skin too. You can even make your own essential oil at home.
7. If you have very dry skin you can even add Vitamin E tablets to the mixture. This is optional.
7. Mix all the ingredients well.
You can use this natural DIY moisturizing cream for all the skin types. Add ingredients in the appropriate amount and the cream will not be bulky or too much oily. Your skin will absorb it as soon as you apply it. You can even use it in your daily night skincare routine. Apply this cream overnight, it will keep your skin hydrated and smooth. It will reduce your dull patches, makes your skin radiant, reduce the signs of aging, dark spots and improves the overall health of the facial skin.
Why it works:
The Green tea powder contains powerful antioxidants like EGCG that fight DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. It’s a powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores. The Green tea is full of Vitamin B and Vitamin E, both are really beneficial for facial skin health and maintenance.
Aloe vera’s benefits are widely known now, they don’t need much introduction. It’s been proven that they are great for your skin. Read how to apply aloe vera properly on your face.
One of the most common beliefs about Glycerin is that it makes your skin oily and shouldn’t be used on oily skin type but it’s not true. You can use this amazing and readily available ingredient even on oily skin. Instead, it will treat oily skin problems like acne, pimples, skin infections, even wrinkles, and fine lines.
Sweet almond oil has been used for ages to treat dry skin. It’s good for acne problems. The oil’s fatty acid content may help dissolve excess oil on the skin and can heal chapped and irritated skin. The retinoids and Vitamin A in the oil can reduce the appearance of acne. The high vitamin E content keeps your skin healthy and even protects from sun damage.
Coconut Oil, find’s its way in many natural face products. It is naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and moisturizing, especially the virgin coconut oil (highly recommended). Coconut oil is mainly consisting of nourishing fatty acids and is especially high in lauric acid. It also contains vitamin E and healthy fats, which helps to make skin glowing and smooth.