What Does Vaseline and Eggs Do To Your Face? Keep going through this article to get all the information in detail.
Who does not want to look young forever! The cosmetic industry launches new skincare products every day with a hundred promises to keep your skin flawless and youthful. Even the best products sometimes contain harmful chemicals which might cause damage in the long run. Therefore, it is better to opt for natural, safe, and readily available, inexpensive ingredients in your own home.
Your face is the first thing that people notice and remember you by. Face masks are effective in doing wonders for your facial skin and treating a host of skin problems. A facemask containing Vaseline and egg offers a host of benefits. Learn what does vaseline and eggs do to your face by reading the article below.
What Does Vaseline and Eggs Do To Your Face
Benefits of Vaseline for Your Face
Vaseline is a jelly-like substance that is a mixture of mineral oils and waxes. The main ingredient in it is petroleum, and it has been used for more than a hundred years to heal wounds, scrapes, and treat dry and irritated skin. It is almost odorless and safe for use, even on sensitive skin and the delicate skin around your eyes. It helps to seal the moisture in the skin by acting as a protective water barrier.
This helps keep your skin moisturized and soft. This property of Vaseline also helps delay the signs of aging as moisturized skin is less prone to wrinkles. It helps protect your skin from damage due to environmental pollutants. It heals chapped lips and treats inflammatory skin conditions like rosacea and psoriasis. A thin layer can be applied and left overnight on your face as it doesn’t clog pores.
Benefits of The Egg for Your Face
Egg white has proteins that tighten skin and absorb excess oil from your skin. It makes skin brighter and softer. It moisturizes, aids in cell regeneration, treat dull skin, dry skin, oily skin, and acne. Eggs can potentially lighten acne scars and dark spots. Besides, it cleanses and removes blackheads that make sagging skin tighter and closes large pores.
Vaseline and Egg Face Mask
- One egg white
- 1 tbsp of Vaseline petroleum jelly
- A few drops of lemon juice
Separate the egg white from the egg yolk. Whip the white till frothy, add Vaseline and lemon juice. Mix well till it forms a homogenous mixture.
How to Apply
Wash and pat dry your face. Apply the mask using strong upward strokes, thereby giving a facial massage. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes or until dry. It can also be left overnight to work its magic. Rinse off with water and pat dry. Repeat 2 to 3 times a week.
The mask will make your face brighter, softer, younger-looking and reduce scars, dark spots, and blemishes. The lemon juice acts as a bleaching agent to lighten your skin. All three ingredients will cleanse, detoxifies, and tone your skin.
- Vaseline locks in any dirt along with the moisture, too, if you apply it on your face without cleaning it first. Always use it on a clean, slightly damp face.
- In sporadic cases, it might cause an allergic reaction. If you are allergic to petroleum products, avoid using Vaseline.
- If you are prone to acne, it might aggravate the condition.
- Egg white has the potential to cause an allergic reaction in some people. Do a patch test before applying it to your face.
- Raw eggs also carry the risk of salmonella bacteria. Make sure you do not consume the raw egg when applying it to your face. Do not use it on broken skin or wounds to avoid bacteria from entering your body. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling raw egg white.