Are you tired of the pesky, hard to get rid of zits? We bring you our homemade zit cream recipe to get rid of zits with natural ingredients!
There are several conventional creams and gels available in the market for zits. However, they result in skin irritation and dryness for some people. Also, it is frustrating to have a new skin issue while trying to get rid of the old one. So, read a chapter of our skin Bible to know what causes zits, how to prevent them, and what to apply to get rid of them as fast as possible.
What are zits/pimples?
The secretion of excess oil in the face, stress, hormonal changes, amongst other reasons, lead the sebaceous glands in the skin to clog. The build-up of bacteria under the skin and extra dead cells in clogged pores cause zits and pus-filled pimples.
There are a few preventive methods that can help you keep your skin zit free
- Washing your face regularly can help you get rid of excess oil and free radicals that could help clog the pores of your skin.
- Using less make-up can help you get naturally beautiful skin. However, we are not discouraging people from the use of beauty products. You can switch to mineral-based cosmetic products from oil-based products if you get zits quickly.
- As touching the irritated skin will do more harm and increase the healing time, its best to keep your hands off the zits.
- If you see a zit forming, you should apply the treatment cream immediately. In addition to controlling the situation directly, the application also helps in the prevention of any scars.
- Maintaining a proper diet can also help you get a flawless skin. As excess oils, spices, and sugar in food disrupts the body’s balance; they contribute to clogged pores and skin problems.
While these steps help prevent the occurrence of zits, we have the perfect solution for zits that manage to pass through all these defense mechanisms and steps.
Homemade zit cream recipe
Even as it seems counter-intuitive to have an oil-based recipe to get rid of zits, it is the perfect solution for it. A majority of ingredients and face washes that help you get rid of acne and pimples dry out the skin. So, adding essential oils and carrier oils to the recipe will help maintain the natural oil (sebum) level of the face.
- Four teaspoons of grapeseed oil
- One tablespoon of emulsifying wax
- Half teaspoon stearic acid
- Two capsules of vitamin E oil
- 1/3rd cup of witch hazel
- One tablespoon aloe vera gel
- Five drops Lavender essential oil
- Three drops Lemon essential oil
- One drop ylang ylang essential oil
- One drop tea tree essential oil
- In a double-boiler, melt emulsifying wax with grapeseed oil and stearic acid. After the wax melts, remove from heat and add the vitamin E oil. (Cut the capsules and pour in the oil)
- Mix the aloe vera gel and witch hazel in a clean bowl and heat the mix to lukewarm temperature with the double-boiler method.
- Now add the aloe vera gel mixture to the grapeseed oil mix. Make sure you are continuously whisking the mixture while adding the ingredients. The step helps you achieve the right consistency of cream.
- After mixing the ingredients well, add the essential oils, and whisk till you get the desired consistency.
- Store the cream in a clean jar and apply on zits at night before bed.
Anti-zit paste recipe
- Two drops of thyme essential oil
- One teaspoon of jojoba oil
- Two teaspoons of baking soda
- Mix all the ingredients well in a clean bowl to make a paste.
- After the mixture is ready, do a patch test before application.
- Store in a clean jar.
- Using fingers to pinch and take the paste can contaminate the recipe, use a wooden spoon or spatula to take the desired amount.
- Apply directly to the affected area and leave for three minutes.
- Now wash your face thoroughly and apply rose water or your regular facial toner.
- You can use this mixture twice a day for the desired results.
Note: Even as all recipes we suggest are made from natural products, it is essential to do a patch test to confirm you are not allergic to any ingredients in the recipe. Also, pregnant women should consult their doctors before adding any product to their skincare regime.
So, what are you waiting for?! Get rid of those zits with these fantastic homemade recipes that are inexpensive and easy to make.