Nourish and strengthen your hair naturally with this non-toxic banana and castor oil hair mask, which you can easily personalize according to your hair needs!
To make our hair flip fabulous, we often try distinct products and treatments that do more harm than good. The chemicals can weaken the hair in the long run and can give rise to multiple hair problems such as hair fall, dandruff among others.
The cheapest and healthiest way to attain beautiful shiny hair is to use more natural products that will nourish the hair from deep within. For instance, you can use this banana and castor oil hair mask to benefit your hair with natural proteins and minerals that will, in turn, shoot up the hair growth and density.
Bananas are rich in vitamins, calcium, potassium and natural oils that are highly fruitful for hair growth. In addition, it has a mineral element, silica, which produces collagen in the body that helps in the thickening of the hair and making them much stronger. Due to its anti-microbial properties, it also prevents dandruff and flaky scalp. If your hair would be dandruff-free, it will eventually be strong and healthy as well. Basically, Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen so fruits like guava, papaya, oranges, and blueberries could also be beneficial other than banana. Castor oil is rich in essential amino acid which is a natural emollient for the hair. It is also helpful in moisturizing the scalp and promoting hair growth.
COMMON REASONS FOR VARIOUS HAIR ISSUES
1. Environmental factors play a key role in damaging our hair, which includes pollution and toxic air.
2. If your hair doesn’t get optimal moisture and hydration, they will become prone to breakage. Also, keep in mind to avoid hard water for hair washing chlorine and heavy metals in hard water can that damage the hair from the core.
3. If you skip shampooing your hair and let it be dirty for long, the oils will get deposited in the scalp where yeast-like fungus would feed. This, in turn, will cause dandruff and other hair issues.
Banana and Castor Oil Hair Mask
What You Need
- A Ripe Banana
- An Egg Yolk
- Castor Oil- 1 Tsp
- Tea Tree Oil- 5 Drops
- Coconut Milk- 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, mash the banana well with a spoon to make a smooth paste out of it.
- Next up, mix the other ingredients and make a conditioner-like consistency mask.
- If you are a vegan, you can skip the egg yolk and use 1 tsp honey instead.
- Be cautious to not make the mask too thin because then it would be difficult to apply it to the hair.
How To Apply
Apply the mask on damp hair from roots to bottom and leave it for approx 30 to 45 minutes and then, wash it off with cold water. You should use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner as sulfate can strip off the natural oils and leave the hair dry and frizzy. Let the hair air-dry and don’t use a blow dryer if you’re not in a hurry. You can use the hair mask twice a week to keep up with your hair health!
Since the hair mask consists of all-natural ingredients, the chances of any side-effects are next to impossible. Yet if you develop any negative sign after the use, it might be because you’re allergic to any of the ingredients. In that case, customize the hair mask with the things that will suit you and serve the purpose as well.