Elderberry sea moss gel with ginger is a nutrient-dense gel that boosts immunity to a great extent, and the best part is that you can use it in your daily routine. In this article, you will learn about its benefits and various recipes in which you can use elderberry sea moss. Also, we will tell you some precautions to take while consuming it.
What Is Elderberry Sea Moss?
Popularly known as Chondrus Crispus, elderberry sea moss is a type of red algae that is majorly found in the Atlantic oceans near the Caribbean Islands and North America. This variant of sea moss is becoming popular gradually due to its healing properties, as discovered by various doctors.
Elderberry Sea Moss Benefits
1. Keeps the Heart Healthy
The fiber content in elderberry sea moss is even higher than in most vegetables. It has many positive effects on your body. It can significantly help improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes and other heart problems.
2. Promotes Weight Loss
The food items that are high in fiber are filling foods, which can keep you from overeating. Elderberry sea moss has high fiber content that facilitates easy weight maintenance.
3. Rich In Iodine
Iodine can be the key to a healthy thyroid also. A human body cannot make iodine on its own, therefore it becomes necessary to take enough iodine through our diet. This rules out the possibility of unhealthy thyroid. You can even take iodine through dairy products, seafood, or iodized salt.
4. Supports Gut Health
Our gut health keeps a connection with our overall health. The digestive system contains many bacteria, some of which are good, but some might be bad. As a result, it balances out those bacteria and is an essential element for your wellness. Elderberry sea moss helps in keeping up with the health of the gut and balances the bacteria.
5. Acts As An Immunity Booster
An experiment was carried out on two Atlantic salmon, out of which one ate elderberry sea moss, and the other didn’t. The one who ate the sea moss showed a better and more efficient immune response. Sea moss also contains iron and antioxidants, which contribute to better immune health.
6. Aids In Workout Recovery
When we work out, micro-tears enter our strengths, but amino acids are helpful in that recovery. Sea moss is an excellent source of an amino acid called taurine, which helps in the building of muscles.
Easy Recipes With Elderberry Sea Moss
Elderberry Ginger Infused Sea Moss Gel
- Clean the sea moss gel and the best way to wash it is to use spring water. Ensure no dirt particles are left in the sea moss while you pass it. You can also repeat this step twice to ensure no unwanted particles remain.
- Now, let the sea moss soak in water for a few minutes.
- Further, you need to add alkaline 88 smooth hydration water to the sea moss. Make sure that your sea moss is wholly submerged in the water.
Pro tip: You can use any purified water if you don’t have alkaline water. Just make sure that you do not use tap water in this process.
- Keep the sea moss at room temperature and cover it with a plastic sheet for 12-24 hours. The more you soak it, the better it is at the time of the result. Do not boil the sea moss, as it may lose all its nutrients.
- First of all, take some water in a saucepan and add two tablespoons of dried elderberries to it. Now put the sea moss in a blender and leave it for a while. At the same time, you can collect fresh Ginger, dry elderberries, and a diffuser.
- Place the diffuser on the wall of the saucepan and add some Ginger to it.
- Let the mixture boil in the saucepan so that Ginger loses all its nutrition in the water.
- Once they are boiled, keep them at room temperature.
- Pour two glasses of elderberry ginger water into the sea moss you soaked earlier.
- Blend the mixture to make it nice and smooth.
The Bottom Line
In a nutshell, Sea Moss may be found in various recipes. In reality, you can use Sea Moss in anything: coffee, tea, salads, biscuits, etc. Because it is incredibly beneficial to our health, including it in our foods will increase their nutritional content and make them even healthier.
However, please do not overdo it since it may cause adverse effects such as fever, nausea, and vomiting. Although iodine and iron contamination is incredibly beneficial to human health, excessive amounts may cause health concerns.