Healthy, natural, refreshing, and rejuvenating, eucalyptus has potent qualities to offer to your skin. Read these eucalyptus face mask benefits to know more.Fresh, uplifting, and crisp, these are a few terms that describe the aroma of the eucalyptus leaves. A wonder ingredient for your skin and hair, eucalyptus is the perfect botanical ingredient you should be adding to your skincare routine next. Know eucalyptus face mask benefits below.
Eucalyptus Face Mask Benefits
1. Treats and Heals Skin IrritationsThe antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of eucalyptus help treat various skin issues, including pimples. The face mask is also efficient in preventing future break-outs. The anti-inflammatory properties also help address skin issues like eczema and rashes.
2. An Ideal Face Mask for All Skin TypesEucalyptus face mask contains methanol, natural numbing agent that cools down sunburns and treats overheated skin. It controls the oil production of the skin, making it an ideal addition for oily skin. In addition to this, the astringent properties of the mask also help to reduce and balance the oil production in your face promoting healthy, beautiful skin.
3. Provides Relief from StressSometimes daily stress can take its toll on your skin as well. Eucalyptus essential oil and the plant alleviates stress and headaches. Therefore, the calming and soothing aromatic effects of the face masks help keep your body and skin relaxed.
4. A Key to Healthier SkinEucalyptus face masks have a compound called macro carpal A, which comes from the plant. This compound improves and boosts the production of ceramide in the body. Ceramides are the skin’s fatty acids responsible for the maintenance of the healthy skin barrier against free radicals. Ceramides also help in retaining the skin’s moisture for a more extended period.To summarize, eucalyptus is packed with natural components and properties that work well with all skin types, even the sensitive and oily skin type. Traditional medical practitioners believe in the natural ingredient and have also validated its benefits for the skin and the body.
DIY Eucalyptus Face Mask
- One tablespoon of bentonite clay
- Two capsules of activated charcoal
- One tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- One tea bag of chamomile tea
- Three drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- One tablespoon of shea butter
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter.
- On the side, on a low flame, brew the chamomile tea for three minutes.
- After that, mix the shea butter in the tea thoroughly. Then remove it from the heat.
- Now add the bentonite clay and activated charcoal to the mix for a smooth clay paste.
- Mix the aloe vera gel and eucalyptus essential oil to the paste.
- Put the eucalyptus face mask in a sealed container and keep it in the refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Once the face mask cools down, apply it evenly on your face and neck. You can use this pack on any other body part as well.
- Wait for the pack to dry throughout.
- Massage off the face mask in a circular motion with cold water.
- Pat dry your skin with a microfiber cloth.