We have highlighted the health benefits of lemon and olive oil mixture for you in this article. Besides, know their individual benefits as well.Even the renowned Greek physician, Hippocrates, highlighted olive oil as the “Great Healer,” considering citrus or lemon as an energizer for the body, counteracting phlegm and lethargy. Together, these two power-packed ingredients produce remedies with time-tested benefits that have been approved by medical science as well.
Olive Oil- The HealerOlive oil is a host of health-building elements, including anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants, vitamin E, oleic acid, and monounsaturated fat. In chronic conditions like heart disease, depression, dementia, and fatty liver disease, this oil is also a staple ingredient for treating the symptoms.According to a study in 2018 that showed how olive oil plays a crucial role in treating persistent inflammatory diseases; for example — rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, lupus, and psoriasis. So, olive oil is a healing ingredient readily available in your kitchen.
Lemon- The Natural CleanserOwing to their flavonoid content, citrus fruits, such as – lemon, bergamot, lime, and orange, help prevent and cure quite a few aspects of cardiovascular disease. The high amount of vitamin C, folic acid, limonin, and other nutrients in the yellow fruit offers many health benefits that treat conditions as diverse as kidney stones, liver disease, and weight loss. Lemon juice goes a step further in your healing process, when it comes to antibacterial activity and properties, i.e., inhibiting bacteria from reproducing.
Health Benefits of Lemon and Olive Oil MixtureVirgin olive oil contains components like omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, saturated fat, vitamin E, and vitamin K. On the other hand; lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, flavonoids, magnesium, iron, potassium, and other vitamins and minerals. Together they offer health benefits like –
- Reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke by lowering cholesterol
- Maintaining lubricant for digestive mucus, which then activates the functions of the gall bladder. With carminative properties, lemons soothe your digestive tract and help reduce bloating and flatulence. At the same time, olive oil fights against harmful bacteria like Helicobacter pylori, which causes stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
- Lemon juice and olive oil together speed up weight loss.
- According to scientific research, olive oil’s monounsaturated fatty acids help prevent the formation of gallstones. Simultaneously, lemons are the best in preventing kidney stone formation owing to its citric acid content.
- The natural ingredients help lower throat infections and common cold as well when combined.
- Keeps nails, hair, and skin healthy as they help boost collagen.