This extensive article focuses on how to make your teeth whiter with lemon juice to achieve that perfect smile look! Keep reading to find out more!
You look much better when you smile. What about a wide one, where your teeth show up too? It looks even more beautiful and kind. But if your teeth don’t appear to be bright and white, you’ll automatically feel edgy about your smile. Everyone desires to have beautiful teeth as it looks appealing and gives the face a perfect look. Some people even go for certain dental treatment which is undoubtedly quite expensive while some buy various kinds of toothpaste too. Obviously, not everyone can afford such treatments or products. Therefore, we often go for homemade recipes which are easy to use and cheap too.
Types of Teeth Stains
1. Extrinsic Stains
These are the outer stains that are found on the surface of the enamel. It is believed that extrinsic stains are much easier to remove than the intrinsic ones. Consuming acidic food and beverages, coffee, tea, etc., can cause extrinsic stains.
2. Intrinsic Stains
These are the stains that are found within the inner structure of the teeth. These are undoubted, difficult to remove. Certain medications like chemotherapy etc can cause such type of stains.
Reasons Why Teeth Get Yellow and Dirty
1. Food Habits
Certain foods like soft drinks, wine, coffee, tea, and soda contain tannins. It is an organic substance, originated from plants that put stains on teeth. These stains appear absurd. Tannins reach the enamel of our teeth which can cause discoloration for a long period of time. It is believed that if any food item is responsible for staining your cloth, it would automatically stain your teeth too. Surprisingly, tomato-based sauces can discolor your teeth too because of the pigment it contains to give tomatoes a bright red color, although, they are rich in nutrients.
2. Medical conditions
It is quite normal to get yellow teeth when you are taking medicines of blood pressure or has undergone chemotherapy etc. But it doesn’t mean that it cannot be cleaned.
Cigarettes and other tobacco items disturb saliva flow in the mouth which leads to oral bacteria sticking to gums and teeth. This can cause yellow and stained teeth. It is believed that smokers have six times more chances to develop gum problems than non-smokers. Stopping to smoke might help in making your teeth better or at least regular oral maintenance would be a great idea.
It is possible that if your parents have yellow teeth, you might have them too. Our teeth color depends on two factors – environment and genes. Therefore, one can partly blame their parents for their yellow teeth.
HOMEMADE RECIPE FOR MAKING YOUR TEETH WHITER.
1. Take 1 fresh lemon and squeeze it to get lemon juice and mix it with ½ tsp of sea salt.
2. Then add a small amount of unflavored toothpaste to this mixture.
3. Apply this blend to your teeth and leave it for 1-2 minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly.
4. Repeat the procedure once or twice a week.
1. Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of baking soda or baking powder.
2. Mix them to make a thick paste.
3. Put this paste to your toothbrush and brush over for 2-3 minutes. Remember to do it in circular motion properly.
4. Rinse your teeth now.
5. Repeat the same daily for at least two months to see the best results.
1. Take equal parts of lemon juice and water in a bowl.
2. Apply it to your teeth once a week.
3. This method would help to disinfect you from the oral cavity.