Know more about the buddha hand fruit health benefits and why is it practical to add it in your diet by reading this informative article.A citron fruit with an unusual shape, Buddha’s hand is a unique fruit with multiple health benefits. A native fruit found most commonly in China and Northeast India; it belongs to the family of mandarins and pomelos. The fruit also holds auspicious importance and relevance in religious ceremonies of these regions, as the ripened fruit’s shape resembles the praying hands of ‘Buddha.’ Aromatic and medicinal in nature, the fruit is also known for its therapeutic benefits.
Buddha Hand Fruit Health Benefits
1. Relieves PainPain-relieving agents or components like coumarin, limonin, diosmin, and bergapten are found in Buddha’s hand fruit. Not only do these agents have pain-relieving properties, but they can also help reduce inflammation. Therefore, consuming this bittersweet, aromatic fruit can help you heal cuts, wounds, and bruises faster.
2. Treats Respiratory DisordersBuddha’s hands is an effective natural remedy for several respiratory conditions. The fruit also acts as an expectorant, treating issues like phlegm, excess cough, and in some instances, blocked nose as well. For best results, soak the citrus fruit in water for some time before consumption.
3. Boosts Overall ImmunityBuddha hand fruit is also a rich source of a polysaccharide that stimulates macrophage activity, which boosts and strengthens your immunity system. The vitamin C content of the citrus fruit is a preventive natural remedy for cold and flu. In addition to that, the Vitamin C content of the fruit also protects the body from other microbial attacks and significantly improves your recovery time.
4. Relieves Menstrual DiscomfortEven as menstrual cycles are full of mood swings, cramps, and uncomfortable flow, some women experience extreme discomfort and worst cramps and blood-flow. The fruit proves to be extremely beneficial for such cases as it relieves pain. Furthermore, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of the fruit help calm the muscles in the lower abdomen, reducing the cramps. The fruit is thus amongst one of the best natural remedies for the uncomfortable situation.
5. Treats Gastrointestinal IssuesBuddha hand fruit is used as an ingredient for several traditional medicines. It is also a popular natural remedy in China for several health concerns as it has soothing properties. These properties, along with the anti-inflammatory properties of the fruit, also help reduce and treat issues like diarrhea, constipation, and other intestinal infections. Furthermore, the high fiber content of the fruit helps improve digestion.
Buddha Hand Fruit Cocktail RecipeIf you cannot consume the fruit directly, we have a fantastic mocktail recipe for you right here.
- A quarter cup of Buddha hand fruit fingers (chopped and finely ground)
- One teaspoon lime juice
- A glass of soda water
- One tablespoon sugar or one sugar cube
- A sprig of mint leaves or Basil Leaves
- Muddle sugar, grounded Buddha’s hand fruit, lime juice, and mint leaves together.
- Next, add a few ice cubes to the mix.
- Now pour the soda water and give it a good mix.
- Enjoy the cold fizzy drink, packed with flavors and health benefits.